The next step in getting my newest canvas done-I'm now calling it "The Factory"-is to create the sign that's going to go above the buildings. I've been playing around with quite a few options-as you can see from my previous post-but I hadn't started building the sign yet. So here are a few beginning pics!
The image I'm using as the base of the billboard is actually an image I cut out of a book a friend got me from a garage sale. It's an image of an old rusty billboard, which I cut in half to size & skew to match what I needed for my canvas.
I then covered the front with rice paper & washed it a few times with a thin coat of gray watercolor-just to give it a more dingy finish. Next step was to cut out the scanned image & apply it, as well as add the label "NEW". The version in the this image is text I hand drew & painted, but I'm not sure that's how it's going to remain :)